14 Hours Hands on Training on Online selling + Online Promotion + Blogging

Music Therapy Philippines article: Twenty five years of Music Therapy: Celeste S. Sanchez, on her 25th year as Music lover and Music therpapist

Celeste S. Sanchez, on her 25th year as Music lover and Music therapist

By: Admin

"As I love challenges, I didn't have second thoughts inspite of the fact that in the beginning I had no experience with people with disabilities. I studied and developed my own techniques to make my teaching effective.  I gave special attention to each individual case.

My focus was to make them happy with music making and learn music in their own little or big ways, their own personal approach. But music was not a priority of people thinking of it as an entertainment and it is not for people with disabilities.  I had a hard time convincing people about the benefits and the therapeutic effects of music on these people. 

For years I had to convince people the hard way even giving lessons for free so they will only give music a chance to prove its good effects.  As I continued in my music career as a Choir director, I also pursued devel
oping new techniques for special people and the elderly.  Challenged to showcase the hidden talents of these special people with special needs, I have had recitals over the past seven years which I have aptly called "Recital by the Enabled."  In these recitals, music therapy at work is felt and seen in these special children. It is not the aesthetic value of music that is focused on but the therapeutic value that music gives.

Now, on my twenty-fifth year in my work for people with disabilities, I dedicate this eight performance and after these long years of working for the recognition of music therapy, I know that now, some people start to believe in it, in its therapeutic power and in the ultimate divine source of healing. And for this I am truly grateful to the Divine Mercy for making me His instrument."



Source: "A Recital by the Enabled VIII" 2002

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...